.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Love My Girls!!

Every day I am amazed at how smart Makenna is. I guess I just don't give her enough credit, but she's only two! Today she surprised me again while we were talking to Nate on Skype up in Portland. Kenna has a funny habit of frequently telling on herself and today was no different. Yesterday she picked up a wicker basket and walked right into Sage with it, so of course the first thing she says when she sees Daddy on the webcam is, "I hit Sage in the face with a basket", in a very apologetic tone. Then Nate, trying not to smile, says "Darn it, we have to be so careful". Then Kenna starts walking around repeating "I did something terrible" followed by "I don't really want to talk about it". Nate and I looked at each other trying so hard not to laugh and I said "I don't know where she got that!" Of course Kenna heard me and said, "The Lion King!" I swear she's only seen that movie a handful of times (she says it's "too scary"!), but if you know the movie well, Simba does in fact say that phrase to Timone and Pumba! I guess she picks up more than I realize. :) What a goof!

Now for a few fun pics!! With the warm weather FINALLY here, we've been spending LOTS of time outside. And of course along with frequent trips to the park and many barbecues comes many messy faces! :) Gotta love sticky little girls!

Ice Cream! (and of course her FAVORITE sunglasses!)
Sage after an apricot fruit leather, even her feet were covered!
This one was a cupcake at Mac & Carter's Birthday Party!
Sage LOVES the swings...I think she'll be a good Six Flags buddy!
Kenna loves them too, she's even learning how to "pump"!
Pooped out from all the fun!
Sage enjoying her very first S'MORE...she loved it (who doesn't!)

2 comments:

  1. haha! i love the cute things little kids say. your girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike and I were laughing at that story! She says 1000 more words each time we see her. I love that you put a lot of pictures up!

    ReplyDelete