.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

5K Love

Our good friends recently put together a 5K run in memory of their son who passed away at 50 days old from complications of heart surgery. It was a donation-only event benefitting families at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital of children born with heart defects. There was a great turnout and it was so fun to run with many of our awesome friends! I have to say I quickly learned in how much better shape Nate is than I, but I did run the whole time! (Nate ran and pushed the girls and stopped at stations along the way to do push-ups, lunges, etc to earn stickers for Kenna, all while pushing me to go faster…what a stud!) :) The weather was great, the girls were happy (Sage fell asleep 10 minutes into the ride) and it was an awesome workout. What a fun way to spend a Saturday!

Hanging out with their buddy Elise (or in Kenna"s words "Maleese")!
Ready to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment