.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

One spoiled mom!

First I have to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all the fantastic mothers in my life. I am surrounded by amazing women who are incredible examples of righteous motherhood. I was blessed with a mother who is the most selfless, sweet and supportive woman in the world. Then I got lucky enough to have a mother-in-law whom I adore and have a wonderful relationship with. I also have amazing sisters, sisters-in-law and best friends that I love and look up to in every way. To all those women, I hope you know how loved you are!

Secondly, I want to say what a great day I had today! My sweet husband let me sleep in this morning and then helped our two cute girls bring me breakfast in bed. Afterward I came downstairs to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers complete with calla lilies - my favorite! It was a relaxing day and I got to spend lots of time with the two little people who made me a mom. Oh how I love those girls! I also want to say how thankful I am to Nate for making it a special day for me...despite the fact that he has FINALS TOMORROW!! Now that's true love. :)

Lastly, I am so grateful for the adventure of motherhood. It is definitely not the easiest adventure in the world, but one that is oh so worth it! For mother's day my mom sent me a book called "A Mother's Book of Secrets: Keys to Making Motherhood Memorable, Meaningful, and Magnificent". As I've read it, it reminds me over and over again that this time of having little ones is going to fly by, so I need to cherish every minute of it. I have to be honest that I don't cherish the tantrums, the messes, the stress, the screaming nor the sickness, but I'll take all of that to have my girls come up, unprompted, to say "I love you Mommy!" and give me a kiss. They truly are my little angels and I am so blessed to be their mother.








1 comment:

  1. sooo cute brookie! I'm sure you are just the best mom ever :) Glad that Nate and the girls made it special for you! love you!

    ReplyDelete