.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Makenna started her first ever swimming lessons this week!  She is in a class with 3 other kids - twin boys and girl that hasn’t lasted an entire lesson yet without having to be taken out because she’s crying.  At first I was afraid it might make Kenna nervous, but she wasn’t bothered one bit.  She has absolutely loved every minute of lessons so far!  She is learning to do “bobs” (going under water on her own) and basic strokes.  The only problem with the lessons so far is that Sage is not very happy that she doesn’t get to get in the swimming pool.  The first day it took all of my effort to keep her from jumping in the water every chance she could.  Unfortunately individual swimming lessons don’t start till age 3 (before that they’re mom & tot and I’m not too excited about hopping in the freezing water with Sage!  Not to mention, I want to be able to watch Makenna for her first time).  I was able to suffice Sage by letting her put her feet in the hot tub, but I think it may be a long few weeks for her!  Anyway, overall I’m really excited for Makenna to be a good swimmer for our trip to Lake Powell.   Hopefully that will make it a bit more relaxing of a trip.  I’m also really proud of her and what a big girl she is getting to be.  We love you Makenna! 



No comments:

Post a Comment