.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Welcome Katelyn Brooke!!


After Lake Powell, Nate flew home so he could get back to work, but the girls and I stayed an extra week in Utah to visit my twin sister Allison & the newest addition to her family, baby Kate!  What a special trip.  (Her middle name is Brooke after me - makes me happy every time I think about it.  I don't know if I deserve it, but thanks SO much Allison & Adam, it meant the world to me!!)  I was able to go to their house by myself for a day to help out with the baby & her two older sisters (thanks to Nate’s mom for watching my girls!).  The next day she met me at Monkey Island with them and we let the four cute cousins run and bounce themselves to exhaustion!  They had such a great time.  Makenna and Sage absolutely adore their cousins Sydney and Lauren.  After that I took all 4 girls back to Allison’s house for another couple of fun days.  We had that house filled with 7 girls…poor Adam!  I spent the majority of the time soaking up Katelyn’s sweet baby-ness and holding her every second I could.  I might not have been the best help while I was there, but I was in heaven!  Unfortunately I probably won’t get to see her again until Christmas (she’ll be 5 months old!!), so I really wanted to take advantage of spending time with her and Allison.  On our last day there, my sweet Grandpa even came to visit and spent time with us.  Later that night my girls & I drove up to his house & had a great time.  He and my step-Grandma Debbie took the girls to Costco and bought them the cutest poofy little tutu’s.  The girls also had a blast playing in a little pool at their house and were quite entertained with their dogs.  It made me happy being able to spend time with them, we don’t get to see them nearly enough.  Thanks Gramps & Deb!!

























No comments:

Post a Comment