.

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Big Move (for the 2 littlest Wolfleys)

This week we moved Makenna and Sage into the same bedroom…and we’re still wondering what the heck we were thinking!  We wanted the girls to share a room so they could get used to sleeping together and because I think it strengthens a sisters bond to be together.  We also wanted to turn Sage’s old room into a playroom so we had a place to contain the toy chaos at our house!  However, since that “moving day”, we have yet to have a night without going in at least 5 times to put the girls back in their beds or tell them to stop playing and go to sleep.  They also wake up about an hour earlier than usual, because the second one of them opens their eyes; they are both up and playing.  Needless to say, Nate and I are feeling a little sleep deprived.  I have to say it is pretty cute hearing them giggle in their room together, but I also feel myself losing my patience after an hour or two of it!  I’m guessing eventually the novelty of it will wear off and we’ll get our great sleeping girls back, but until then, wish us luck.  (And don’t be surprised if you see us – and them – walking around with glazed expressions and red eyes!)

The huge plus-side of it though is that now we have a playroom!  It is still the same room with the same toys as they’ve always had, but for some reason, rearranging it and giving it the title of ‘playroom’ has turned it into a magic kingdom for those girls!  They play in there for hours…alone…without any entertainment from me.  And I can actually clean the house and pay bills and make dinner…uninterrupted.  Why didn’t we think of this before?!!  Okay, so there are definitely pros and cons to this move, but overall, I’d say it was a good idea (even if I am a little tired).  Play away little princesses!

No we didn't make them move into the same bed, too...but this is how I frequently find them in the morning!  Always together in one of their beds, just hanging out.  What good buds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment