.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Way to go Nate!

Alright, here’s my chance to brag a little bit about my amazing husband (without him downplaying it!). Nate works so hard in school and at work and I am always amazed at how much he does. A little while ago he applied for a scholarship to attend a family law conference for Oregon attorneys, and he got it! It doesn’t sound like much, but this was a 3-day conference on the Oregon coast with basically ALL family law attorneys and judges from the entire state, and they only picked 2 students from the school to attend it. The scholarship paid for his hotel room, food & travel expenses as well as the actual conference fee. During the days (Thursday afternoon, all day Friday & Saturday morning), he attended different seminars taught by family law experts. Then each night there were receptions for the attorneys, kind of like a fancy meet-and-greet. I can’t imagine being there by myself, not knowing anyone and being outgoing enough to introduce myself to and chat with top attorneys. But that's exactly what Nate did! He met some really neat people and the conference ended up being a great networking tool. Hopefully it will pay off with leads for jobs! Anyway, I'm very proud of Nate for all he has accomplished and hope he always knows that. I love you Nate!

No comments:

Post a Comment