.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

This Halloween was just another testament that holidays really are much more fun with kids around. The girls were SO excited and it made the entire day so fun! A couple of weeks ago we pulled out our Halloween box & let the girls try on costumes and decide what they would like to wear. Sage chose to be a bunny & Makenna chose "Spiderella" the witch. They looked adorable. Luckily, last year after Halloween I went to the store & bought a bunch of clearance Halloween items so Nate was able to dress up as the devil, and I (of course) was the angel. :) We had a Trunk-or-Treat with our ward on Friday night & got to try out all our costumes as a family. The girls were great at saying trick-or-treat and thank you (a big improvement from last year when they were both so shy). We had a great time & it got the girls even more excited for actual 31st. 

We started out Halloween yesterday taking the girls to the farm so that Sage could pick out a pumpkin. Makenna had gotten one on a field trip to the pumpkin patch with her school group, and Sage was feeling a little left out.  I think she was pretty proud to have one of her own!  However, I think the excitement (and the fact that we made her skip her nap), wore her right out because she fell asleep in the car on the way home.  When we made it back, she kept sleeping in Nate’s arms & they snuggled while I got Makenna all dressed up in her costume.  Then we woke Sage up & got her ready as well.  I know I’m a little partial, but they looked so cute!  Afterward we headed off to our friends’ the Johnson’s house for pizza before the fun began.  Their boys Logan and Keadon & our girls are best buds so I think they had a ball Trick-or-Treating together!  Nate and Ross took the 4 kids around and Stacia and I stayed back to pass out candy.  When the girls got back they were so excited to tell me all about it.  They got loads of candy (it better last 6 months!) and I think they had a great time.  Overall I’d say it was a very successful Halloween…and I think it’s only going to get more fun from here!   















No comments:

Post a Comment