.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy 2012

Welcome 2012!  We put another adventure filled year behind us and look forward to a REALLY adventure filled year ahead!  2011 brought the Wolfley household many blessings and fun family times.  We were very busy with work and school, but were able to enjoy a lot of time with each other, great friends and our wonderful families.  2012 brings us a lot of unknowns and excitement with a new baby boy, Nate’s graduation, job hunting, the ever-looming BAR exam and a big huge question mark of where we’re going to be for the last half of this year.  It’s a crazy position to be in not knowing what’s next…and it’s the second time we’ve been here in our marriage.  Of course last time it turned out to be just perfect for our family and I have no doubt we’ll end up where we’re supposed to be this time, too!  Keep us in your prayers and wish us luck as we have many life-changing decisions ahead. 

Alright now for the fun we had to kick off this crazy new year!  My entire family met up at my parents’ cabin again for a family photo shoot.  I think the last time we had pictures taken with everyone together was 2005, so it was definitely time!  With my sister Natalie & I both living out of state, it’s hard to find a time that we’re all in one place, but we finally made it happen.  All 22 members of my immediate family were there - it’s AMAZING how fast a family multiplies.  We had pictures taken (always an adventure with 10 kids under 7!), and then stayed a couple days to celebrate the New Year and enjoy time together again.  Unfortunately a little flu bug was passed around leaving Nate feeling pretty miserable New Years Eve, but we had a great time nonetheless.  We played a lot of games again (our favorites: Up & Down the River, Wits & Wagers & Scattergories) and we also had several pool tournaments.  Nate & I had some pretty good family representation with him winning the 8-ball tournament & me winning the 9-ball tournament!  Can’t complain about that. :)  The girls had a ball with their cousins and are going to miss them terribly when we have to go back home.  I swear I hardly saw Makenna this weekend as she was constantly off playing somewhere with Sydney & Lauren.  I love how when we’re all together the adults can spend a lot of time chatting & playing games as the kids mostly keep themselves entertained.  It is wonderful!  On a side note: I wrote down a couple more funnies from Makenna and Sage that I didn’t want to forget.  They never cease to put a smile on my face!  The first happened after Nate inspected a bag of candy that we had brought to the cabin to share with everyone.  He teasingly said “Kenna, who decimated our candy?!”  Makenna immediately ran over to me and exclaimed, “Mom, come look!  Andrew (her oldest cousin) ‘destimated’ our candy!!”  :)  The second was Sage making me laugh with how proud she was of a small sore she got on her foot.  She went around telling everyone about the ‘blisterd’ on her toe.  No matter how many times I told her it was a blister, it remained a ‘blisterd’ to her.  What a cutie.

After the new year came and went, Nate and I got a special vacation of our own!  My mom took the girls home with her from the cabin and kept them overnight so that Nate & I could have some “couple time”.  Nate’s mom also watched them the next night so we had 2 responsibility-free, relaxing nights & days all to ourselves.  It was heaven!  We soaked in the peace and quiet at the cabin and got to just enjoy being together.  Thank you so much to our wonderful mothers for giving us a much needed get-away.  We loved it! 

New Year's Eve Partying!!

 The Evans cousins - minus Andrew (7), Ben (4) & Sarajane (almost 2)
Makenna (3), Sydney (4), Katelyn (5m), Lauren (2), Noah (4), Elizabeth (2), Sage (2)


 Kate sporting Nate's Utah hat...gotta start them young!
 Having fun with Grandpa in the morning
 We visited the neighbors horses at the cabin and the girls LOVED them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment