.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Evans Family Fun


Since Christmas, we have done nothing but party!  The Evans men (my dad, Nick, Ammon, Adam, Nate, Zach & Isaac) had a guy’s night out last night where they went to dinner, paintballing & then saw the new Mission Impossible movie on the IMAX – a true guys’ date!  My favorite part is hearing them all laugh together about who shot who and what happened when so-and-so ran out and someone else plastered them with paint.  Of course it is always followed by the showing off of the welts and battle scars.  I honestly don’t know how that is fun, but I love how much they love playing all together!  That night after I got the girls in bed, I went over to my parent’s house to spend some time with Natalie & my mom while the guys were out.  Nate & I didn’t get home till after 1 a.m. and walked in to find sweet grandma Susan on the couch with a sick Sage.  Apparently Sage had gone into their room, climbed in bed with grandma & then threw up all over both of them.  Susan cleaned up and got Sage in the bath only to put her in clean pj’s and have her throw up again!  By the time we got there Sage was on her third pair of jammies sound asleep in grandma’s arms.  You couldn’t find a better grandma in the whole world! 

Today the Evans women had a date of our own!  I didn’t get much sleep considering I didn’t get to bed till nearly 2 and my mom & Natalie picked me up at 8 a.m., but it was worth it!  We started the day meeting Allison & my cute Aunt Carolyn and cousin Madi for breakfast at IHOP.  Madi recently got called on a mission to Portugal so we planned a temple date to spend some time all together before she leaves.  It was so much fun just talking and laughing over breakfast!  Afterward we did a session together in the Bountiful temple and then spent another hour or so talking.  It was wonderful!  After that Madi & Carolyn had other plans and had to leave, but my cute sisters, mom & I went and got manicures and pedicures followed by lunch.  A true girls’ date!  I am so thankful for the special bond I share with my mom & sisters, they are some of my best friends in the whole world and I love every minute I get to spend with them!   I am also so thankful to Nate & my mother-in-law for watching the girls all day so I could go.  They had a pretty relaxing day, just what Sage needed to recover, and thankfully she seems to be feeling much better.  What a fun couple of days!

Breakfast with the girls
 At the Bountiful Temple
 Carolyn * Madi * Allison * Me * Natalie * Mom

(Of course I don't have any pictures from the guys' night.  Guess who takes all the pictures in our family?) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment