.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Sage!

Thursday October 7th was Sage’s FIRST Birthday!! Looking back over the past year, it is amazing how much joy she has brought into our lives. From the minute she was born, our home has been filled with extra smiles and laughter. Sage truly is a sweetheart and at just one year old already has such a caring and loving spirit about her. Yes she can be very feisty and stubborn, but for the most part she is our little angel. She and Makenna are the best of friends and while they frequently push each other’s buttons (already!), there’s nothing that fills my heart quite like hearing them laugh together. I love the way they have their own personalities, but each brings a special light to our family. Sage, I love you so much sweetheart! I look forward to watching you grow, but no matter what, you will always be my little princess!

The beautiful Birthday Girl!
The birthday haul...she loved opening presents
(and Kenna loved helping her!)
Oh how I love that smile!
Sage with her ladybug birthday cake!
She has just pulled off two of it's legs...and is very proud of herself. :)
I made her an ice-cream filled ladybug cake. It was definitely an experiment, but it turned out pretty tasty! I figured I've got quite a few girly birthday cakes in my future, so I better get started!
Gotta love those cheeks!
My two beautiful (and frosting covered) girls!
I love this picture...So Sage!
It took some serious effort to get this little girl clean! I think she enjoyed every minute of her bath in the kitchen sink. :)
The aftermath...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Sage! Kenna said it best when she told me "Sage is 1. She's not a baby anymore, she's a big girl!" You sure are getting big, and you make our home such a happy place. I love your smile and your playful nature. You have a personality that is so much your own and mom and I are so glad you're a part of our family. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete