.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

SO much to be thankful for!

Last weekend we enjoyed a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday with my sweet sister Natalie and her family! Because we both live out of state, we don’t get to see each other really other than Christmas, so it was so fun to spend time with them. They invited us to their new home in Moscow Idaho, which is supposed to be about 7 ½ hours away. Unfortunately the weather picked Wednesday (the day we drove out there) to be super cold and snowy. Our 7 ½ hour drive turned into a 10 ½ hour drive, but thankfully we arrived safely (and miraculously with two still pretty happy girls!). We had a great time with them and it was so fun for the kids to get in some awesome cousin time. Makenna and Noah entertained each other all day, which made it a very relaxing vacation! We had a tasty traditional Thanksgiving dinner, played cards, watched football (kind of a bummer when Auburn won & Boise lost – that’s almost enough to ruin your day!) and even fit in some sledding. (Guess if you have to drive in the snow, you might as well have fun in it, too!) Thanks so much to Nat & Ammon for having us over, we love you guys!


Our awesome dinner!
Makenna (2) and Noah (3)...best buds!
Elizabeth and Sage. These two are only 2 weeks apart and I can already tell they are going to be trouble! :)
Nate playing ball with Noah while the girls played with toys. I think Nate was enjoying some "boy" playtime!
All bundled up
Four very warm (and padded) kiddos!
The Pitt family!
Ammon, Natalie, Noah, Elizabeth
Our family!
Sledding with Daddy


At this time of year I also like to remember all the things I am thankful for...here are a few:
1. My wonderful husband and best friend (especially how hard he works at school but still finds lots of time to spend with us!)
2. My two beautiful daughters, they are the light of my life!
3. The gospel - the knowledge of which brings me amazing peace and happiness.
4. My FAMILY! (both mine and Nate's - we are SO blessed to have such supportive family members who we LOVE spending time with.)
5. Wonderful friends and neighbors who make living away from family SO much easier!
6. A job that I enjoy and still allows me to feel like a stay-at-home-mom.
7. The beautiful Oregon outdoors (and the rain!!).
8. Our health
9. Financial stability in a financially unstable world
10. My home!

This list could go on and on...we have so much to be thankful for and are truly BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment