.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Finals week...

It's finals week... ugh. Rough for me, even more rough for Nate. The good news? It's over in 10 days and then we have 4 weeks of absolutely Heavenly family time!! I can't hardly wait. There is a definite benefit to having a husband in school - and that is Christmas break! The only struggle is getting there. Last week was pretty miserable. I was stressed, the girls weren't feeling too hot, and Nate was buried in 4 classes worth of finals-prepping material. On top of trying to settle in after a road trip, I had 2 long days of work Monday and Tuesday and spent the rest of the week planning and buying food for 300 people for our ward Christmas party. After a particularly miserable Thursday, my sweet neighbors Melinda and Virginia invited the girls and I out to dinner for a Girls Night Out. Seriously, it made my day! Just when I thought I couldn't handle another minute, I was saved by two amazing and caring women. The girls had a great time and even got balloons from "Red" (at Red Robin). Virginia also volunteered to go shopping with me on Friday to get the final items for the Christmas party (like 15 tubs of sour cream, 12 boxes of butter, 180 candy canes, 16 hams...you get the picture). I couldn't have done it without her. Then they even joined us for the party (even though they're not LDS)! I am so thankful for those two.

This week I was hoping to start fresh and vowed to put the stresses of last week behind me. So far it has been better, but unfortunately both girls got a cold. This afternoon after yawning and crying inconsolably with a temperature of 102, I finally gave Kenna some Motrin and put her down for a nap. She spent the next 30 minutes singing "Book of Mormon Stories" and "If You're Happy & You Know It" until I finally gave up and got her up. You'd think she'd sleep - not Kenna, she just sings! What a goof. Then later I thought I'd try again. She decided rather than a nap, she'd just have "quiet time" and started playing with toys. I went in to check on her after a bit and found this...

Guess she really was tired. I don't know how kids fall asleep in the positions they do - she looked SO uncomfortable! Oh and another update - I got a new calling. I was teaching the 7-8 year old's but am now the Primary Music Chorister (again!). I think that may be my lifetime calling. At least I enjoy it! Those of you who know me are probably wondering why I would ever get that calling...I can't sing! However, I've learned that as long as you have fun with the kids, it's great. If you don't sing well, they don't know the difference and you just don't look at the teachers. :)

Anyway, wish us luck this week! Nate's been up studying till at least midnight every night (2 am last night), and only takes short breaks during the day to eat - welcome to law school. At least we're almost half way through! First final is tomorrow...Good Luck Nate. You've got 3 girls that love you and are cheering for you! You'll do amazing - you always do. :)

2 comments:

  1. You guys did a great job with the christmas party, so your hard work payed off! And congratulations on the calling-I've always thought you were a natural for that calling, and I'm honestly not surprised that you were called :) Sorry you've all had such a rough time with the law school challenges, but it will be worth it! What a great mommy you are; you're doing a fantastic job with your family...

    ReplyDelete