.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Girls' Night Out

Last night the “Law Wives Society” had our monthly recipe group. Basically it is 12 LDS women getting together to eat and chat for hours – it is wonderful! Each of us is assigned a course of the meal, which we bring along with our recipe to share. Our assignments rotate each month, along with who will host the dinner. Every month I look forward to getting together with these amazing women who make me feel so welcome and comfortable. We share stories, talk about the good and bad of pregnancy, motherhood, having a spouse in law school, politics, hobbies, food, the gospel and on and on. There is something special about being able to share your testimony, your struggles and your accomplishments with friends. It is also almost therapeutic to be able to get out of the house and be with other women. Nate is so supportive and gladly accepts a “special date” with the girls so that I can get out of the house. He always tells me to stay as long as I want and I always tell him I won’t be too long and then end up staying till 10pm or later. I have a wonderful husband! In short, I am so grateful for this amazing group of women who have become some of my greatest friends. They have truly helped me survive my side of the law school experience. I love them!

3 comments:

  1. Found you! I always have a lot of fun at Recipe Group. It's pretty much the only time I see friends besides church. Thanks for starting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny... I always tell Bryce that I am just going to eat, talk a half hour and then come home. But three hours later I am home:) Its just so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brooke! I just found your blog from Kirstens... you have such a cute family!
    Hope you dont mind if I check in on you from time to time. :)
    I have a blog but its private... send me your email and I'll send you an invite! thierryleigh@gmail.com

    Love, Thierry

    ReplyDelete