.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Silly Girls

My girls make me laugh every day. They are growing up so fast and I continue to be amazed at the things they do and say. I've heard so many times to enjoy children at each stage they're in because they won't be there for long - and it's so true! I almost can't remember Kenna being Sage's age. Seems like that was 10 years ago. And what happened to my little baby Sage? She's a full-blown toddler with the attitude and energy to prove it! I need a baby. Okay, maybe not yet, but these girls are getting so big! :) As proof that Makenna is no longer a little girl, here are a few things she's said over the past few days (and yes, I do realize she's only turning 3 - so really she is still a little girl - but by the way she talks sometimes, she could be turning 13.)

(Kenna spills cereal on the floor)
Me: Uh oh (pretty calm response if you ask me).
Kenna: It was an accident Mom, settle down.

(Sage drops her binky in the car and starts to cry)
Kenna: Just chill Sage, chiiiiiil. It's not a big deal, 'kay sweetie? Just chill.
Must have learned that from Nate :)

Kenna: Mom, I have to go potty.
Me: Okay, let's run upstairs (her seat attachment is on her toilet).
Kenna: No, I'll just use the one down here. It's big, but it's worth a try.

(Mostly talking to herself)
Kenna: The other day I heard the doorbell and I was like "maybe Mac is here". Then I went downstairs and then I was like "Mac is here!".
Just for the record, I do NOT talk like that; she must have learned it from someone else!

(We were telling jokes at the dinner table)
Kenna: What did the duck say to the road? Quack, quack!
The first part of that joke is in one of her library books, but she came up with the punch line on her own! I liked hers better...the book's is "you're about to get run over". :)

She also makes me laugh because while most kids think a Band-Aid will fix anything, Makenna thinks all you need is a doctor's appointment. It's rather ironic because I almost never take them to the doctor (except lately - I think I cursed myself). However, somehow she's got engrained in her head that no matter what, the doctor will make you feel better. She'll say things like "Mom, I have a cough, I need a doctors appointed" (she can't say appointment). Today she woke up and said her ear hurt so she needed another 'appointed'. I told her the doctor had to go to church today so he wasn't working, but that we could get her some medicine (I think I might really have to take her again tomorrow). She thought about it for a minute and then said "well then let's just take my temperature to make my ear better." Who knew the thermometer was also a cure-all? It is at our house!

Sage is also changing every day. She has become quite the mischievous little thing and is frequently getting herself into trouble. Lately she LOVES to climb on chairs. I don't know how many times she has fallen off , and yet she continues to climb. She loves getting up on the chairs in the kitchen and taking bites out of every apple we have. I keep a basket of fruit on our kitchen table, and the poor apples don't stand a chance. I started putting oranges and bananas on top in the hopes of deterring her biting, but she simply bites the orange, makes a face, bites the banana peel, spits it out, then digs down for an apple and has at it until I take it away. Any time I want to actually cut up an apple for us, I have to first cut off all the bite marks from our little Miss Sage. She is such a turkey! But I guess there could be worse things...at least she is sneaking apples and not candy...or crayons. She also decided that it's lots of fun to climb in drawers. They're right at her level, how do you stop that one? Oh well, none have broken so far! She frequently calls me "Daddy", Nate "Mommy" and Kenna "Sage", she's learned the art of throwing tantrums and loves to run away when you tell her to come. Oh the joys of having a toddler! While Sage definitely has picked up some sass, she still has the sweetest smile, best giggle and gives the greatest snuggles. Nothing melts my heart like her asking for butterfly kisses or giving me a hug for no reason. Oh how I love my girls!

How can you resist those smiles?

The other morning, Sage didn't want to get out of her crib - so Kenna threw all her toys in and climbed in herself. They played for a good 10 minutes in there together. What good sisters!
The new "best seat in the house"

One of the many poor, innocent apples that succumbed to Sage's new teeth!
It was pretty nice weather today, so we took a family walk to the park. We haven't been there for a while and it was a great time!




5 comments:

  1. Those things that Kenna said are so funny! They are totally little teenagers. Yesterday my Mom asked Mac what he learned at church he very matter-of-factly said "I didn't listen." They are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They ARE getting so big Brookie! And so dang ca-ute!! And really funny! I think I'd forget a lot of things like that so I love that you remember and write them down! I sure miss ya friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the Kenna quotes! So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are adorable! They are getting so big! ha ha so fun to hear what they're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brookie! This KILLED me! I am SO happy you told me about your blog, because I don't get to see you or your little girls ever! So it is so nice to know what is going on in your life. They are SO adorable! Kenna's sayings made my day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete