.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy 50th Dad!!

Yesterday was my dad’s 50th birthday!! It was perfect timing for us to be in town so that we could be here to celebrate with him. We had a fabulous birthday party and the girls and I loved being a part of it. On this special birthday I want to tell my dad how much he means to me. Anyone who knows my dad knows how wonderful he is. He is the friendliest, most outgoing and Christ-like person I know. He always puts others before himself and can make people laugh without even trying. He has always made an effort to be part of my life and make me feel loved. I had a perfect example growing up and looked to him to know exactly what traits I wanted in a husband. I always wanted my kids to have a dad like I have because of how wonderful he is (and I think they will – Nate is a fantastic dad!). For his birthday, my siblings and I gave him a book filled with pictures and memories we had growing up with him. As I spent time looking through pictures and writing my thoughts, I was overwhelmed with the positive influence he has been in my life and the love I have always felt from him. I think I am especially blessed to have a dad like I do! And I know my siblings feel the same…we filled the max number of pages for the book (160) and could have probably filled another one had we had the time. Dad, I love you so much and am so thankful to be your daughter! Happy Birthday!

Allison & I with the best dad in the world!

The book we made for our dad
Luckily he had Ben & Andrew there to help blow out the candles!
I made a couple of cakes for the party - this one is is a chocolate cake with mint chocolate chip ice cream in the middle
This is a fruit & cream filled torte
Having a blast with the cousins!

2 comments:

  1. so cute! I love your dad to death! He really is such a wonderful Christ-like example, I really look up to him, and all of your family :) love you guys to pieces!

    ReplyDelete