.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

From the mouth of Makenna...

I have discovered that you learn a lot about the way you talk when you have a 2-year old around! For example, Kenna used to end a good portion of her sentences with “real kick”, like “read me a book real kick” or “I need a snack real kick”. I kept thinking, “where is she getting that from?” Then one day I noticed myself say “I’m going to go get Sage really quick”. The light turned on. I then counted how many times I caught myself saying that and it was a ton! Who knew? So then you can imagine my guilt when I heard Kenna talking to her puppy after waking up from a nap, saying “I mean it! This is your last chance or you’ll have to go to time-out!” Hmmm….

This is completely unrelated, but Kenna made me laugh the other day so I wanted to share. Lately she has been learning where people live. She knows she lives in Oregon (along with Mom, Dad, Sage, Mac & Carter…small state) and Grandma, Grandpa and her cousins live in Utah. She’s also learning about ages. The other day I asked her how old she was, she correctly replied “I’m 2!” I then asked how old I am. Her answer, “you’re 20” (good answer, keep it there for the next 20 years!). :) “So how old is Dad?” I ask. “He’s 5.” Sorry Nate! :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love the things they say? I miss you Brookie! YOu need to tell me next time your down so we can get together! I would love to see your girls and have a play day! Work is the same old- only so many new people! You should totally call sometime!

    ReplyDelete