.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Just a little LOVE


There’s nothing better than a holiday for an excuse to have a wonderful night in with the family!  This Valentine’s was one of those wonderful nights & I loved every minute of it.  Nate came home from school with flowers for all 3 of his Valentine’s!  The girls were so thrilled to have their very own flowers; you would have thought he had brought them home a new puppy!  Their enthusiasm then switched focus to the surprise they had for their dad.  They couldn’t wait to drag him upstairs, one girl pulling each of his hands, to show him the special Valentine we had made for him during the day.  I love the excitement of 2 & 3 year-olds!!  Nate also bought me an awesome body pillow, which I can’t wait to use!  (The growing belly is starting to get a bit uncomfortable at night.)  He is always so thoughtful! 

Afterward we had a gourmet dinner with steak & shrimp fondue, asparagus, rolls and a delicious spinach & artichoke dip that Nate made.  I think I ate way too much!  Later, after we got the girls in bed, Nate and I enjoyed a delicious chocolate fondue with sparkling cider and some much needed couple time.  What a great 8th Valentine’s Day together!  (Of course, how can you go wrong with a day just to celebrate the ones we love?)  Earlier, I had tried to explain to the girls what the day was about so I kept telling them that Valentine’s was a special day to celebrate all the people that we love.  However when I asked them at dinner time to tell their dad what we were celebrating that day, Sage exclaimed, “Treats!”  I guess the focus is a little bit different when you’re a kid. :)  Either way, it was a great day!  Happy Valentine’s!

At our Valentine's Party/Playdate with ward friends
 As we were leaving it was pouring rain & we got SOAKED!  This is us trying to take our own picture showing off our wetness. :)








1 comment:

  1. Such a fun Valentine's Day! This is one of my FAVORITE holidays! I love the fondue. And your table is decorated so cute!

    ReplyDelete