.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Curiosity :)

Yesterday I took the girls to Winco for a quick grocery shopping trip.  Sage was riding in the cart seat and we passed by a rather unkempt older gentleman with a very full and long grayish-white beard.  Sage immediately turned to me and said (not very quietly), "Mom, is that Jesus?"  I quickly assured her that it was definitely NOT Jesus so then she wanted to know who he was.  I told her he was someone we didn't know and that he was a stranger.  (Both girls somehow think that we should know everyone, including people in magazine pictures, etc!)  Sage then asked (about the same gentleman), "Mom, where's his mouth?"  I had to laugh as I explained that it was there, just hidden by the beard.  Of course she followed with the ever-constant "Why?"  to which I answered that that's just what happens when you have a large beard - your mouth kind of gets hidden.  That was followed by another "Why?"  At that point I was ready to change her focus and resorted to the common answer of "it just does".  Oh how I love the curiosity of a two-year old!    

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute. :) I love looking at all the updates on your blog. It makes me feel like we actually see you guys! I can't believe Nate is almost done with school and you're going to have a baby boy! That is so exciting for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is too darn cute and funny! It's been a while since I've read blogs so I was so happy to catch up on yours! Glad to see things are going okay for you! Hope you can push through the tiredness of pregnancy:( that part is sure rough. Loved seeing the family pics! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete