.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Getting Ready!

Only a few more days until we become a family of five...and I'm definitely ready!  We've been having tons of fun, but I've also been having LOTS of contractions and the end-of-pregnancy discomfort has definitely set in.  I'm really looking forward to not being pregnant anymore, but even more than that, I can't wait to meet this little guy!!  He's been one active kid and is constantly rolling & kicking and reminding me that he's still in there.  I thought both the girls were active in my belly, but this little boy makes them seem calm.  Let's hope that doesn't mean we're about to have a little tornado on our hands!  However, tornado or not, I can't wait to hold him in my arms and look at his sweet little face.  Only 3 days to go!

Time has been flying by lately and we've been keeping busy.  This weekend we went to dinner with our good friends & neighbors Melinda & Virginia to celebrate Makenna's birthday.  We always have such a wonderful time with them and the girls love their adopted "Aunts".  We also had a super fun weekend hanging out with great friends.  Nate had a "Man Night" with a few of his law school buddies to celebrate their upcoming graduation.  That same night, my cute friends Teresa & Stacia's husbands kidnapped my girls and let the three of us girls have a fantastic girls night.  Then the next night we had dinner with our three families with great food and even better company.  Spending time with such wonderful people makes me sad for our upcoming move.  We have SO many incredible friends and neighbors here that we will miss terribly.  I'm just glad we're squeezing in a lot of play time with them before we go!  Today was a beautiful day (78 degrees beautiful!) and I met my other amazing friends Chelsea & Christie at the park for a picnic and playdate.  See how spoiled I am?  Unfortunately I didn't exactly realize how warm it was going to be & I dressed my poor daughters in long sleeve shirts and pants.  They were sweltering hot so I went white-trash style and let them play without shirts on. :)  Unfortunately I had also forgotten sunscreen so we all ended up a bit "pink".  Sorry girls!  After a few hours at the park, we headed to Christie's and she gave me a fabulous haircut.  Man I love that girl!  While we were in the bathroom getting all beautified, the kiddos did some salon treatments of their own...in the mud.  At one point Kenna came in with Chelsea's flip-flops & Christie's gardening gloves on.  She had a paintbrush in hand and said that Carter & Mac were making paint (translation: pouring water in the dirt) for her so that she could paint the fence - and the kids.  That's what happens when the moms are busy doing other things!  Glad they were at least having a good time!

Another fun thing we got to do this weekend was watch Nate play in the LBA's (Law Basketball Association) All-Star game!  The University of Oregon law school has a basketball league that Nate has been playing in twice a week for the past 3 years.  It's pretty intense with captains, a "draft", playoffs etc.  This year Nate's team didn't do so hot (basically he & his good buddy Zac made up the whole team), but both of them were chosen to be All-Stars, so at least his LBA career ended on a good note. :)  During the game the girls kept yelling "GO DAD!"  He definitely had his own cute cheerleading squad!  The Harris' and our family hung out at the game together and then went out for ice-cream afterward.  What a fun night!  There's definitely not much I'm going to miss about law school, but fun nights like that with great friends will definitely be missed! 

Well now I'm on to some serious "prepping" for this baby to come.  Due to our home-selling status, we haven't gotten out a single baby thing & I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.  Thankfully my sweet mom comes in on Wednesday!  I can't wait to see her and our little boy in just a few days!

At Roaring Rapids with Melinda & Virginia
They have an old merry-go-round there that the girls absolutely LOVE!

 They brought special cupcakes for Kenna's b-day that had frog rings on top of them.  Here they are showing off their stylin' new jewelry
 After dinner Nate & I spoiled ourselves with early birthday presents...hiking backpacks we found for a super great deal at Costco!!  We can't wait to use them this summer.  Nate was like a little kid on Christmas when we brought them home.  He had to immediately get out our tent, sleeping bags & his hatchet to see how they fit. :)  Utah mountains, here we come!

 Nate in lucky #14.  Way to be an All-Star babe!

 This is what the kids did for the entire game...RUN!
 Kenna, Carter, Mac & Sage having a ball at the park
The Haircut
...and the fun it produced -
 My muddy Makenna!



No comments:

Post a Comment