.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

My sleepless girls and other fun!

On Thursday night Nate had a late class so he was gone most of the night.  I got the girls ready for bed & all tucked in and headed off to enjoy the quiet (aka clean up!).  I didn't hear a peep from them after I shut their door so I assumed they had crashed immediately and were sound asleep.  I went to check on them about an hour later and was surprised to see the light in their bedroom was on.  I peeked in there and found Kenna asleep with a bunch of books in her bed and Sage slumbering with her bear over her face (to block out the light I'm sure!).  What silly girls!  However, I couldn't complain as they hadn't made a mess, had stayed in their beds & had eventually gone to sleep.  Not too bad! :)



On another note, Makenna has been trying to be independent with doing her hair lately.  It's not always a pretty sight!  Who can blame her though, that curly hair is tough to do!  She usually has about 10 bobby-pins stuck randomly into her hair or (in this case), 5-10 headbands.  On Monday, I decided to let it go for a while and let her keep her stylin' do.  It made me smile every time I looked at her!  On top of that, we made a cake for her little buddy's birthday party & I let her lick the beaters after we were done.  This was the outcome...


Makenna with a nice 80's sweatband look, complete with a chocolate goatee.  You go girl!

On another random topic, this weekend some of my great girlfriends and I went out for a girls night.  It was a really fun time!  We basically talked for 4 1/2 hours, but that's what girls do, right?!  Other than talking (or I should say while we talked), we got delicious frozen yogurt (my favorite!) and drove up to the top of Skinner's Butte to check out the beautiful view of the city.  I have such wonderful friends. Thanks Kayla, Stacia & Teresa for the great time!!  And a special thanks to Nate for getting the girls to bed & letting me have a night out on the town. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment