.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Make-up Fun


Not that kind of make-up…although Sage has had her share of that lately, too.  Why are cover-up & mascara SOO appealing?  Anyway, I’m getting a little sidetracked!  As the girls missed their last day of daycare at Moss Street on Wednesday due to the previously mentioned snow day, we decided to make-up the party so they could say their final goodbyes. (Not to mention, we had WAY too many cookies, cupcakes and popsicles to get rid of!)  I called both of the girls’ teachers and they set aside some time in their classes for us to come in today.  When we got there, both classes were ready and waiting for us!  The girls handed out treats to all of their classmates and got to tell everyone about where they were moving to.  Sage of course ate up the attention & at the end gave every single kid in the class a big hug while saying goodbye.  Kenna on the other hand, was super shy.  She’s so funny how she’ll talk to any random person at the store, but doesn’t want to say a word in front of a group of friends.  That’s our sweet Kenna & we love her for it…I just don’t know what to do about it, I was never shy!  Of course afterward she talked about it like it was the most fun thing she had ever done. :)  Both girls had a ball and I’m glad it was a special experience for them.  I think they’re going to miss school terribly.  

I am so grateful for such a wonderful program for my girls.  I’ve always been one that’s kind of against working & sending your children to daycare, but we had such a great experience with Moss Street that I can understand while people do it.  Of course, I wouldn’t want to work and send them there full-time, but the 10 hours a week on average that they were there for the past 9 months was perfect.  They got to get out and have a “preschool” experience socializing with other kids and I was able to work to help support our family.  Each of their classes always had fun things going on and the girls looked forward to school days with enthusiasm.  We rarely had a day that either of them were sad to be dropped off.  Nate was also such a trooper through the whole experience. Because I had to be to work every day by 7am and Moss Street didn’t open till 7:30, he had to get them off to school any time they went.  That meant waking up with them, getting them both dressed AND doing their hair!  How many fathers do you know that do their daughters’ hair twice a week?  It was pretty impressive. :) Overall, I’m very thankful for the experience and would do it again in a heartbeat.  Moss Street, you will be missed!

Sage with her lead teacher, Lori
 Makenna with her lead teacher, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment