.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Awesomely Domestic Husband

I have to say Nate surprised me and showed me up in the domestic category today. :)  Makenna has been complaining about her jammies for a while because she's worn the feet of them out pretty badly and her toes stick out.  As Sage's are mostly hand-me-downs from Makenna, you can guess that hers are just as bad. This morning Kenna told Nate that TWO of her toes were sticking out of the same hole now and asked if he could fix them.  He told her he had an idea, asked me where the hot glue gun was and they headed up together to work on their project while I cleaned up our waffle breakfast.  To be honest I was thinking, "hot glue? This 'otta be good!"  However, I went up a little later and was surprised by his ingenuity.   He had taken an old pair of his jeans, cut "feet" out of them and glued them to the inside of 2 pairs each of Makenna & Sage's pj's.  Then he turned them inside out and, walla!  No more holes for the girls!  I'll admit I admired his work...until he told me he was going to start a craft blog. :)  Just kidding, I WAS truly impressed and thankful for his work.  Craft away Nate!

The new "inside" of the P.J. feet...
 The source of new feet...
 And the finished product.  Pretty cool!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I laughed so hard when I read the part about Nate's comment about starting his own craft blog; it sounds SO much like something Sean would say in the same situation :) Quite inventive though!

    ReplyDelete